Surrey Arts visit 22.11.13

wpid-IMAG1376.jpgDSCF1403DSCF1404DSCF1411DSCF1407

Today Surrey Arts came in to our school to demonstrate some of their instruments. I really understood what they were talking about. Some of the instruments were as follows… saxaphone, trumpet, flute, violin, viola, cello and clarinet.  The person who was like the conductor, but playing as well was called Neil and played the flute. Once they had played their first tune, each one of them came up and talked about their instrument. Most of the songs that they played were tunes from TV programs such as… The Simpsons, The Jungle Book , Mary Poppins, The Muppets and Little Mermaid. Also they did a tune that you might hear in a spy program. Surrey Arts coming in has really inspired me to play an instrument especially the clarinet.

By Josh 6B

16 thoughts on “Surrey Arts visit 22.11.13

1. Well done Josh! My favourite instrument was the Clarentt, I found it intresting how they all started playing instruments around our age 🙂

2. I really enjoyed their performance and it made me want
    to join the ‘band club’ at the beacon but I wonder if it would be on after year 6.

3. I really enjoyed listening to the person playing the saxaphone because i like listening Also i loved listening to all the other instuments.

4. I really enjoyed the performance by the Surrey Arts band. My favourite instrument was the chalo from the string family.

Will J, 6J!

5. The music production today was brilliant.
    My favourite instrument was the trumbone because it made a really low but cool sound.

THANK YOU SURREY ARTS !!!!!

6. Well Done josh! I enjoyed the surrey arts coming in too I enjoyed the person playing the saxaphone and all the other instrument1

7. My favourite most the instrument was the flute. It was the most interesting to learn about.

Nice job Josh, a great description of a fantastic experiance!

Zack